Skip to main content

tv   Stossel  FOX Business  September 2, 2013 11:00am-12:01pm EDT

11:00 am
why it is not just the little guys anymore. two icons made to make you into a craftsman. i am jeff flock on the fox w business network. "across america". >> still coming across by the hundreds and thousands. john: iilegal immigration is down, but people still sneak and plexus a pretty good-sized told. i am disng this. >> it does not matter how high offenses. john: we need to seal our borders. >> god our borders, protecting the homeland. >> illegals steal american jobs. john: if immigrants are such up problem what is canada's immigration by billboards in america. >> we will take it. >> the fight of the american dream. that is our show tonight. ♪
11:01 am
>> and now john stossel. jo: my parents were born in germany and could not find work in europe,,so ttey came here to america, people around the world america is the dream. as a libertarian i say, let people come, let the man. there should be free trade and labor as well as goods and services because that leaves everyooe more free and rich. except how can you let everyone and if some of them want to murder arrest? and since america is a welfare state, someone to come here. america's answer has been, well, we will let some people in legally, but we should seal the border to keep undesirables out. we recently spent billions to put up the giants' offense on the mexican border. how is that working o? special corporation -- special correspondent just went to the southern border with califoonia assemblyman.
11:02 am
a former member of the minutemen one of the volunteer groups that started their own border patrol's to try to help stop illegal immigration. >> caught between two governments. so many politicians pontificate. john: the border fence to not cover the old border. >> as smart smuggler is not going to go to where the security is. he will take the weak spot. john: lots of weak spots like this and guarded tunnel that led him what to mexico. >> you are in mexico now. ou're in violation. john: even where there was fans, people vetiver. they bring ladders like this one we fou lying right next to the fans', they cut holes in the fence. this one has been passed, but it does not matter how high fences if you can cut holes in it.
11:03 am
john: many illegals are caught sneaking through, they are sent back to mexico, many media the sneak back to america. it is where the jobs a, this man says. >> ne, two, three, four, fe times. john: four years later, fewer cross illegally because the mexican economy has done better. we build bigger, stronger fences. john: as the border patrol now we are here? >> oh, yes. john: an hour later they showed up. >> filming a sment. i intend donald -- ten donnelly. john: after that the left them alone. once more fences. >> is this your ideal fans? >> this is good. it forces people who want to smuggle something to go to a high point wre law-enforcement border patrol agents can easily see theyave been interdicted. we ought to secure it. john: a problem with the current
11:04 am
fans. >> here is this biggeffective miti dance. impervious, scalable. then all the sudden it just hands. this right here is absurd. >> despite the billions we have spent, there are still lots of balls in the fence. especially the older part. >> this looks like a pretty good-sized already your. >> this is an area that we have volunteers who came down with a welding track and well that up these holes. i mean, it is patchwork >> i'm touching mexico. john: not that hard to get over the fence. drug dealers build ramps. this car happens to get stuck. kennedy found it was pretty easy to climb the fence. >> you couldotally get over this. john: in fact, tre were >> pointy. >> easiir to cross from the
11:05 am
her side. jjhn: thank you for going there and clearly there are problems with both sounds. but proponent of the wall say, hey, this deters people. this keeps a lot of people out. >> not really because there are only 33 percent of the border that is actually protected by some kind of fencing. as youaw, -- john: suspect at downtown every 2,000 miles in the mexican border. >> just the southern border. john: the other part is harder to get to, mountainous. >> it is mountainous, boris. there were holes all over the part of the fence that we saw. arizona, texas, you're going to see the same thing. it is the -- cha is only as strong as its weakest link. the chain is only effective as pistol. john: this is t age of cool, amazing technology. i would think with drones, the cameras, president bush foundt a virtual fans. >> he did promise a viral
11:06 am
fans, but it was costly, still requires a lot of border patrol manpower. john: they give up on it. >> they did. it was costing billions of dollars. the gao, a general accounting office issued several skating reports about the virtual fans because it was a boondoggle, too expensive and it was enough time to work and still require just as much if not more manpower. john: they could spe more, but mo of the people who sneak in the country now, 40%. >> forty to 50%. fortyo 50 percent of the people like him into this couny and stayed illegally are here on student visas. john: illegal visas and then just she was there already in the country >> they hang out and stay past their visa stamp date. john: all wall does not solve the problem. thank you. currently congress is working on an immigration reform bill. many people are optimistic that there will come up and it , but an agreement and an easier path to citizenship.
11:07 am
i, for one, up they do. many conservatives are nervous. for years they wanted more done about thht stream of people crossing the border. >> we cannot shut that off unless we build a fence and a wall. i want to put all wall in. i designed one. >> a little bit of wire on top to provide. put a letter there. @% can also electrify this wire. the kind of current that would not kill somebody the simply be a discouraging for them to be fooling around. livestock all the time. john: immigration problem should improve, he says. >> you can take it back now. if somehow they got their ecomy working and got their laws working and in mexico we could pull this back and just as easily as reported in. john: former presidential candidate in colorado congressman more security and wants other measures to deter illegal immigration. congressman, thank you for joining espirito would you do?
11:08 am
we showethe holes in the wall..3 that doenot look like the answer to me. >> it isn't. and the reporter is absolutely correct when she says it is only as good as its weakest link. there are some places where there are not at all it is almost a joke. for the most part it is done for the purpose offand coming to thh congress and the american people and saying, we spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the border. it is now secure. the fact is, you can spend hundreds of millions of dollars on the border and is still not will be secure. here is what can be done. all you have to do his mandate and thennforce e-refy. the mandated for eveey single employee. they have to simply take social security. adelle on line and it takes two minutes of the most. d.c. the person wanting a job, let they're social security number and put it and because
11:09 am
bat-to-bat. i don't know what wrong with it. the mber is bad. if you do that, if you mandate and un force to important things , e-verify. most of this problem goes away. you say enfor. john: meaning that somebody would punish the business that hires someone without using e-verify. >> correct. or if they use it, even if they use it and still hire a person who is coming back with the wrong social security number, that could be a violation and after enforce it. john: this sounds very appealing. just one computer database where you can check. but you are a conservative. you don't trust the government. why would you trust them to run e-verify correctly? >> well, right now about 250,000 businesses use itthey use it ony basis. it is a relatively easy thing to
11:10 am
do. we require businesses to do all kinds of tngs in terms of hiring practices. this isrobably the easiest step in the process. a simple ent into a database. right now is like 98 percent accurate or better. john: think about that, 98 percent. 98 percent accurate sounds pretty good. and it a gao audit into dozen 11 found it was even better. 99 percent accuracy. but that means about 450,000 people who are legit get flagged as illegal. that is awful. >> first of all, they don't get the job is the issue. you know what, this is not 100 percent. it is not 100 percent.
11:11 am
@%t it just depends. you want an answer? that is my question. you actually want to do something about it all would you rather have, as you said, lor force that is affected only by markets? demand. people come. the wwge rates and lowered because they're is a lot of demand. so be it. john: what's wrong with that? >> well, what is wrong with it? okay. how about the millions of americans whose wage rates are depressed and/or the people who are displaced. the employer like that and a lot of consumers would like it, but the workers are oing to be negatively affected. john: what about the americans to do have just because their work forloria who were these businesses created by emigrants.
11:12 am
>> let them keep working. immigrants, we are not trying to stop every immigrant from coming into the country. why not take in that we need desperately, people coming in with capital to actually do exactly what you said, invest in business. people coming in with skills3 that we need. right now we don't need a lot of people with low skills and low wage rates. they are just not necessary. john: i'm going to talk later in the show about age one be visas which is for skilled workers. you called them fraudulent. >> they are. john: h1 be visas were originally designed for the person that has unique underlying -- unique qualifications nowhere else in the world can we find that person. that it -- tt is what it w designed for. john: nowhere else in the world? >> yes. i'm sorry. no one in the united states defined person with that
11:13 am
qualification. what it has turned into unfortunaty, again, a lot of the oddest that you referred to earlier have identified the problem. they're now being used to bring people in who have skills but will work for less than people who are presently employed in the united states. john: people in america are just as skilled and could take the people from india, the computer engineers are not better. >> in the of the institutions of higher education. are you reallyot turning out anybody that has these particular skills? it wil tell you all the time that they are, but they are in direct up -- competition. john: a lot of the graauate students are from china and india. they are skilled, but they're not americans. we bring them over and give them a college education and then put them out. >> that's right.
11:14 am
if we need a particular skill immigrati policy should reflect that. >> of demand. let them work. john: the outside of the econy. thank you. coming up, the debate on whether immigration is given a bad for america. more on that. more on that. and more on social networking. ♪ make it happen with the all-new fidelity active trader pro. it's one more innovave reason serious investors are choosing fidelity. get 200 free trades when you start using active trader pro today.
11:15 am
nascar is about excitement. but tracking all the action and hearing everything from our marketing partners, the media and millions of fans on social media can be a challenge. that's why we partnered with hp to build the new nascar fan and media engagement center. hp technology helps us turn millions of tweets, posts and stories into real-time business insights that help nascar win with our fans. from capital one... boris earns unlimited rewards for his small business. can i get e smith contract, ease? thank you. that's three new paper shredders. [ boris ] put 'em on my spark card. [ garth ] boris' small business earns 2% cash back on every pchasevery day. great businesses deserve unlimited rewards. read back the chicken's testimony, please. "buk, buk, bukka!" [ male announcer ] get the spark business card from capal one and earn unlimited rewards. choose 2% cash back or double miles on every purchasevery day. told you i'd get half.
11:16 am
what's in your walle like carpools... polly wants to know if we can pick her up. yeah, we can make room. yeah. [ male announcer ] ...office space. yes, we're loving this communal seating. it's great. [ male annouer ] the best thing to share? a data plan. at&t mobile share for business. one bucket ofata for everyone on the plan, unlimited talk and text on smart phones. now, everyone's in the spirit of sharing. hey, can i borrow your boat this weekend? no. [ male announcer ] share more. save more. at&t mobile share for business. ♪
11:17 am
11:18 am
♪ john: feeling one of these? cleaning our studio floor. the company that made it was started by an immigrant, one of thousands. we allowed some skilled entrepreneurs in. and that is why we need to let more foreigners into the u.s. the consumer electronics association. so, you group runs this massive @%ow in las vegas were all of these th entrepreneurs show off this stuff. you can really see the emigrant? >> absolutely. 3,000 companies that are extending to 150,000 people from around the world. many are pursuing the american
11:19 am
dream. they have an idea and now they can get funding to partnships, retail and media coverage. john: they come here because they want to network in silicon valley and stuff happens. absolutely. i goround the world and every one step the like america because we're the best in the world. detracted best and brightest. every country should have a strategy nd immigration. we lost ours. we set up our borders, and it's hurting as. john: what do you mean we shot of our borders? >> we are discouraging people from coming here. very difcult. when they become students they get their pcs and we keep them out. is a crime. john: kicking them out as the weird part. we pay for their education. help them pay for it. d then i know we have these h1b visas where we let high-skilled people and, 85,000 year. >> we need more because that
11:20 am
allocation buildup in a few days. john: a few days. >> if you day in the long run is a specialized jobs that cannot be filled by americans which is why companies are looking for thousands of people which is why they go invest overseas between the tax laws and the immigration laws. forcing our best companies higher overseas. jo: we have american engineers to could do these jobs. >> w have some, but not all engineers and software people of the same. this is like the deficit in the nba and high-school basketball. america is a land where exhibitionism stands out. we want the best and brightest. we want top from around the world. the rest of the world use to come here. australia, canada, new zealand, europe, they're all saying we will go after the best and brightest. $7 billion per year to research and american univeities. a lot of that is done by foreign students in science, technology, engineering, math.
11:21 am
jimmy kick them out when they get a ph.d. john: on that note, give us some of these. these quotas limit the number. so complex, so much so that canada is paying for billboards like this one. have a h1b problems? pivot to canada. the immigration, even went to california jury chris meyer workers. >> they need immigration lawyers to figure out how to keep their status will they're trying to start business and create jobs we give you a green card to take a few months to process that. john: somethi called the start of t sow withhe applicant, 200,000 from a canadian venture-capital list. 75,000 from a c canadian angel investor group. if he can speak french or english you can go to canada. >> these are immigrants better job creators. that is an immortant thing to remember. we are the most heterogeneous company in the boroughs, our diversity, different points of
11:22 am
view that give us that edge. compared to asian countries were everyone agrees. they lack innovation. the chinese have a goal. but they are not -- that is part of their plan. that is what they're trying to do, and it is something which does not make any sense because what it really takes is a culture which is why there are over 200. john: an argument? >> i tell you, 200,000 chinese students increasingly tender ages because they don't know how to teach kids. we as their ks, they start. john: in america. >> right. in chinese they do our culture is right ando laws are wrong. john: 200,000 from venture-capital is, 75 from an angel. easier to get venture-capital probably a policy where you don't want people coming year. it requires a significant invement. john: and it is harder now than they ud to be for an immigrant to start a business.
11:23 am
>> charter because so many people want to. we made it much more difficult. we don't treat people as well as they used to. we have competition and we have higher corporate taxes. a lot of things are working against this in the long term and we hav to changas a country of one to succeed because other countries now are doing will we're doing. we are not getting the best and brightest. i have seen harvard ph.d. to tears in their eyes being kicked out of the country. they want to stay here and hire people and get jobs and start. john: thank you. gary shapiro. you can learn more about wha he says from this book, the come back, how innovation will restore the erican dream. i sure hope the american dream is still there and does not need total restoring, what wall might to avoid america's bureaucracy and immigration restrictions might be to start eat your own country right off of america's
11:24 am
coast on may be a cruise ship like this one. my next guest plans t do that. ♪ [ male announcer ] sheets or bar? how do you get your boun?
11:25 am
11:26 am
bounce keeps my clothes fresh for weeks, even when they've been sitting in the drawer a long time. like those jeans you can't fit into anymore. uh...by that, i mean... [ male announcer ] how do you get your bounce? long-lasting freshness.
11:27 am
11:28 am
♪ john: my last guest complains it is too hard for skilled immigrants to illegally work here. so if politicians won't allow engineers and physicists then, here is another approach, start your own business. 12 miles off the coast of california outside the reach of american immigration control. that is actually the plan of a group called bluesy, founders are max marty and dario. so what are you going to do? >> we are creating a community 12 miles off the coast of the san francisco bay area to allow entrepreneurs from all around the world to come there, live and workn their start-ups, brand new early stage companies.
11:29 am
john: on a cruise ship. >> is on a cruise ship that will be essentially stationery 12 miles off the coast. john: off the coast of san francisco because that is where the yacht to prinrs want to be >> this is the place where licon valley is, san francisco bay. this is one of the best locations anywhere in the world to start a grow businesses in the high-tech sector especially. so this is the mecca for entrepreneurs, and many have hard time coming to this awesome place that silicon valley is because of the restrictions that the place -- face. they're entrepreneurs of one to create jobs and paradoxically they have hard time coming in. john: 12 miles off the coast you're free to do what you want indendent of the government? >> you are outside -- legal the outside the u.s. regulatory regime to mouse out of the federal government, things like the sec, regulions, things like that. john: lots of companies have
11:30 am
expressed interest. >> more than 414 companies expressed expect interest. so the demand is clearly not a problem because so many companies are frustrated wh their current regulatory regime that they're faced with the. john: and people are already giving you money? what would cost? >> you have to rent the cruise ship, paper this that the crew on board, moving provisions back-and-forth. it's a pretty big operation that will cost about 27 million to be dealt and certain operations. so far we have raised a small seed fund and a silicon valley, of 400,000 have another 9 million reserved for investors in silicon valley, looking for the remaining 18. and we are looking for the remaining 18 sets get going.
11:31 am
john: originally you planned to us look at the picture here, build the whole city held in the ocean. that would he been wit pilings. why did you drop that? >> the current solution is much more cost-effective. one version of this. we would like to start with some more lean can achieve version that will get the job done. john: you are an immigrant. >> i am myself. john: you went through the process. was a torture? >> actually myself i came here out of political asylum, so the process -- john year from bosnia. >> number bosnia. gracious enough to extend leases to me and my family. and as an immigrant and i can tell you from a personal perspective that ii made a huge difference being here, having an opportunity this. and it can be seen as my way of paying back that opportunity that i have been given.
11:32 am
basically alike ften lead to others. many of them are as ambitious or more so than i am. smarter than i am. so this notion of the american dream is definitely something that on a personal level i believe in because that's it. john: and a your parents were immigrants. >> they came out -- came over when castro took power in cuba. now they themselves entrepreneurs. they have a small medical business in miami. john: something that is different. >> i think the are a self selected bunch. a person who is actually willing to leave everything that they have, their families, go somewhere else, they want to change their lives. there are more likelyo be a person who is polk -- pro-active about creating a feature for the families and lives lost to get your. >> it is important to mention that this oath country was founded by emigrants. the american dna, not just the recent ones. the whole country has this and
11:33 am
entrepreneurial dna because of the fact that people moved. they had to leave their countries across the oceans. so i think ts story has -- it is an old one. so i see myself as just a part of it come a continuation of the sa story. jo: thank you. coming up,,a debate on whether immiation takes jobs for amerrcans. we touched on that earlier. next, she is one of america's coolest young entrepreneur is. she says being an immigrant is part of what ade her an entrepreneur. ♪ if you've got it, you knowow hard it can be to breathe and man, you know how that feels. copd includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. spiriva is a once-daily inhaled copd maintenance treatment that helps open my obstructed airways for a full 24 hours. you know, spiriva helps me breathe easr. spiriva handihaler tiotropium bromide inhalation powder
11:34 am
do n replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms. tell your doctor if u have kidney problems, glaucoma, trouble urinating,o. these may worsen with spiriva. discuss all medicines you take, even eye drops. stop taking spiriva and seek immediate medical help if your breathing suddenly worsens, your throat or tongue swells, you get hives, vision changes or eye pain, or problems passing urine. other side effects include dry mouth and constipation. nothing can reverse copd. spiriva helps me breathe better. does breathing with copd weigh you down? don't wait to ask your doctor about spiriva. ♪ make it happen with the all-new
11:35 am
fidelity active trader pro. it's one more innovative reason serious instors are choosing fidelity. get 200 free trades when you start using active trader pro today. ...amelia... neil and buzz: for teachings that you can't create the future... by clinging to the past. and with that: you're history. instead of looking behind... delta is looking beyond. 80 thousand of us investing billions... in everything from the best experiences below... to the finest comforts above. we're not simply saluting history... we're making it.
11:36 am
11:37 am
♪ john: before we return to the debate over immigration, let's celebrate the success story. 40 percent of america's biggest companies were founded by immigrants or their children.
11:38 am
apple, budweiser, colgate, ibm, mcdonald's. in the high-tech field it is 60%. well, a new company may be the next monster success i don't know, but she is already earning millions commanding a magazine called one of america's coolest young entrepreneurs. >> i don't know why one caught but i believe that i work hard and. i like making things happen. john: your company is this and marketing group. you advise companies. the marketing, full-service marketing firm. john: and you wen to school. you came here when you were a years old. >> nine years old. john: nine years old. your father drove a cab and your mom or to attract any shop. >> my parents left very -- a very successful family business beckham.
11:39 am
it worked very hard. i went from having lots of family surrounding me and being gutted on to being a latchkey kid. i was responsible for my and your sister. i had to make sure she was fed, save, got off from school locate . my parents worked full-time. so whenever, as long as she was okay. that's it. john: issue alive? >> successful, driving, so i did something right. -ohn: and were you aware of your parents wook ethic as a kid? there were may be different from the parents and the otherids in the school. >> definitely. my parents worked much harder than some of the parents. there would wake up early, come on leaded night. they were grateful to be here that they were willing to work hard, and i never saw them complain. my dad worked ridiculously long hours, but i never saw him say
11:40 am
this is too tough. he just kind of embrace of that was the meaning of life. john: how are you different from our american beers? @% the general sense of enttilement that my generation ofn gets blamed goods. a little different than that because i saw what i didn't have. compared to what i do have. a much more grateful thing that some of my peers in that it not expect anything to be handed to me. errant when the recession hit riyadh graduatednd there were no jobs in the market. certainly my industry did not exist. it took me sometime, but i went out there and started my own thing. i ave a lot of peers who graduated with me here still don't have jobs who are living with their parents. john: they went to companies in return down. you, instead, started your own thing. you tried. we to companies and said, expand this thing called twitter. they said --
11:41 am
>> they said you're crazy. this is social media is a fad. it did not get. very early. so we decided you really ddn't have much to lose. and as some of parents in skynyrd facile nothing and built something substantial. i knew it coulde done. john: 30 people working for you. americans. >> yes. john: a book, the zen of social media marketing. >> that's right. john:en about the constant tweeting. >> is out to work with social media. so the essence is people want have conversations. they're looking for quality information. they're looking for customer service. looking to connect. if you work with that rather than against it with -- which is the traditional way to market. draw message out there. instead, if you really work with sociallmedia, kind of look at whyhese tools are created and go with the flow, it's a much more is in like experience. john: good luck.
11:42 am
have you become a billion dollar company. >> thank you. john: thank you. next, people like curt, emigrants, steal our jobs. several ad campaign say that they do. >> mass emigration it's the little things in life that make me smile. spending the day with my niece. i don't use super poligrip for hold because my dentures fit well. before those little pieces would get in between my dentures and my gum and it was uncomfortable. even well-fitting dentures let in food particles. super poligrip is zinc free. with just a few dabs, it's clinically proven to seal out more food particles so you're more comfortable and confident while you eat. so it's not about keeping my dentures in, it's about keeping the food particles out. [ charlie ] try zinc free super poligrip. nascar is about excitement. but tracking all the action
11:43 am
and hearing everything from our marketing partners, the media and millns fans onocial media can be a challenge. that's why we partnered with hp to build the new nascar fan and mediengagement center. hp's technology helps us turn millions of tweets, posts and stories into real-time business insights that help nascar win with our fans. [ villain ] well mr. baldwin... it appears our journey has come to a delightful end. then i better use the capital one purchase eraser to redeem my venture miles for this trip. purchase eraser? it's the easy way to erase any recent travel expense. i just pick a charge, like my flight with a few taps, it's taken ce of. impressive baldwin. does it wo for hotels? absolutely thank goodness. mrs. villain and i are planning our... you scare me. and i like it. let's go what's in your wallet?
11:44 am
11:45 am
11:46 am
♪ john: polls show most americans aren't -- thank arrogance take away american jobs and then some cases they do. and we see ads like this. >> and other american has lost his job. other breadwinner going home with the bad news. s.st year to a half million high-tech construction and auto workers. with millions of jobless, our government is still bringing in a million have borne workers a year to take american jobs. john: that sounds terrible, and it is just intuitive. that means there are fewer jobs left for americans. and it really bothers these people who did found standing in line and an unemployment office >> is going to make it worse than it alrey is. >> i'm about making it over your
11:47 am
first before we take care of someone else. john: interviewing as people for a documentary he has made called they come to america. dennis says too much immigration harms american. studying immigration at the cato institute and said that prevailing wisdom is crazy. the more iigration the better. why? it isogical that they're take on america's jobs. >> not a fixed number of jobs in the economy. the more people that we have come to an area, attcted to an area for job opportunities. was there are they create jobs by being consumerist among being entrepreneurs, having different skills than americans. they work together for americans and the job market. what we see an alarmingly, and minister of american history, they come when there are jobs, don'tt there aren't . john: they create jobs. shaking your head and leaning
11:48 am
away from them. >> you will see. those people are not actors. and there are 20, maybe 30 million more people like them to grab my hand and say please tossup what you are doing because i cannot judge job because they're being given to people with temporary visas. not once did you mention the unemployment rate in this country. americans are hurting, john. they're hurting. people re taking their jobs. >> but are they hurting because of immigration? we into the people waiting in the unemployment line. there are no jobs ofhere. john: we even -- hear me out. we went around and found within two hours, within a few blocks of this on a point of this 40 jobs, 28 for beginners. i think the emigrants try harder >> try harder at what?
11:49 am
wrote the hideout think he crossed the rio grande. you watch my films and see hundreds of guy standing in the corner waiting to get picked up to build their roofs or to put in windows were to paint the home. meanwhile, good for them. well, the last time i checked a lot of americans, construction workers, who want to do those jobs. the last line of argument only makes sense if you think people are a liability in an asset. every single point he made could be made against having more americans. this man, and i d't begrudge him, but he is part of the think tank. we have enough thinkers. if i had it taken away call it do tank. i am out there doing. i am meeting with these people. i am going down to the border. if you saw what i saw coming across the border, little segment the you had the frrnt was nice. it was cute, but that is our people are coming.
11:50 am
i have seen men with machine guns crossing over into the united states of america with 60 people at a clip. @%u to the right and see a guy from the middle east. i find science. i could give you the pictures off. gns written in chinese. >> every argument hes making is an argument for increasing legal immigration in allooing people to come in through the legal system sohey can get back projectsnd get on welfare. >> that's not true. >> i studied. >> you can study all you want. there's a difference. >> you don't know what you're talking about? oh, i don't? ok. i have had businesses, many of them. don't want to here about americans will work hard. >> first of all, let me finish this point. very important. john: finish your point. >> and not against immigraon. i love immigration. i hire people through vises.
11:51 am
but they're is a difference. we are taking into many people right now, throwing americans under the bus. john: the same as saying i'm againsthe people being born. it is an anti person argument. >> it is not an anti person argument. >> having peoole come. he's making it an anti welfare argument. it's great if he made an anti-immigrant argument, but every argument he is using his one is the welfare state, and i am in favor. we like reality in data. agassi's 42% less. >> then make the same arguments you did. [inaudible conversations] >> you need to know more about your history. john: too much at the same time.
11:52 am
in the 20's people said the irish were drunks. the italians were stupid. jews were obnoxious. we have old ads, no irish need apply. >> what's the point? >> people have always sai these immigrants are going to take welfare. >> pointed out irish and italian. i have not pointed out and that the city since i have been sitting here. john: there has always been an anti-immigrant attitudes. >> she works for an organization where peop donate money, lots and lots of money. a very rich people. but i and a stand that americans right now are hurting. they are hurting because they cannot find jobs. i'm not saying stop all immigration. and sank in a slowdown. catch our breath, get americans baak to work. let's make sure that george kane does not have to save you from a building.
11:53 am
>> one of the main arguments made by the founders against king george is that he and the illegal immigration to the country. americans founders sought emigration as a promise that anyone could come here. john: holding the declaration of independence. you caget them freed. thank you. with that in mind i should say that i would not be her today. today's immigration laws are in effect when my parents came here. that is next. ♪ ♪ no two people have the same financial goals. pnc investments works with you to understand yours and helps plan for your retirement. talk to a pnc investments financial advisor today.
11:54 am
♪ and this pk is the inside of your body. see, the speci psyllium fiber in metamucil actually gels. and that gelling hes to lower some cholesterol. metacil. 3 amazing benefits in 1 super fiber.
11:55 am
11:56 am
11:57 am
♪ john: i sure hope that congress is new egration proposal will do some good because whenever you think the rules should be, it is not good for america when millions of people live here ii secret. that means they don't report cres to police, often don't y taxes. the nghborhoods where lots of people have no papers, it's easier for criminals to hide their let's bring the illegals out of the shadows. in saying that, though, i contradict one of my heroes, the great economist, milton friedman wh once said of mexican migration, it is better if it is illegal because as long as it is illlgal for people to come, they don't qualify for welfare and social security. they migrate to jobs which raises a contradiction that w libertarians face. i believe in open borders when products and ideas and people
11:58 am
are free to move every where. the whole world benefits. during america's first hundred years open immigration helped make america rich. now americais a welfare state. some people do come here just a free love which is a bigroblem 7 billion people on earth and most of very poor. in some emigrants want to kill us which is a bigger problem. we need rules, and border control. but policing illegal immigration would be much easier if we did not have so many laws and such restrictive laws. if ten or 12 million peoe are here illegally, how could authorities possibly focus on the ones we should worry about? let's lighten up on the rules, he's the immigration quotas. my father was an immigrant to came here from germann because he anted to work and did work. he eventually built a tell-all ctory that employs 100 people making telells like these. he was good for america.
11:59 am
odds are he would not be able to come here today. the rules are much more complex and difficult. people say foreigners should just get in line and come here legally, but that line is brutal reason magazine cartoon tries to ilstrated. my father only had to pass a literacy ttst. now a computer programmer from india will have to wait an average 11 years to get a visa. for others the rules are even more complex and the wait longer. this website asks you questions to determine if your answers would be allowed to america today. i answer them from my father and learned there is noass for people like him, except the lottery where the odds are really bad. no wonder so many people sneak into america. but creating a blackkmarket in people makes problems worse. people want to come here to work. we ought to let them.3 immiants are people with the ambition to my guts to lve their homes, to pursue the
12:00 pm
american dream. there are special people, and we should let most of them in. that is our show. thank you for watching. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ >> welcome to the imus cattle ranch for kids with cancer. well over 1000 children have come here to the hills of northern new

39 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on